Assign workspace roles
Every workspace user is assigned one of four workspace roles: Admin, Editor, Viewer, or Observer. Your workspace role dictates what you can do in a workspace, as follows:
|Add/remove workspace users||Yes||No||No||No|
|Set users' workspace roles||Yes||No||No||No|
|Manage query governance policies||Yes||No||No||No|
|Manage integrations and schedules||Yes||No||No||No|
|Create/edit/delete/pause metrics and monitors||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Create/edit/delete dashboard charts||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|View queries executed on behalf of a workspace||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Configure columns in list views||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|View/sort/search metrics, monitors, and incidents list views||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|View/click into dashboards||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|View dashboard charts||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Browse Explorer tree/list views||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|View objects but not data values||No||No||No||Yes|
Assign users workspace roles
- In the lower section of the Users tab, in the app user's row, under Workspaces you'll see a plus button (+) and up to two workspace tags. If the app user can access three or more workspaces, you'll also see a tag with the number of additional workspaces: hover on the tag to see a popup with the workspaces' tags. Here you can add or remove access to workspaces:
- To add access to a workspace, select + to open a list of available workspaces, then resume this procedure at step 2.
- To remove access to workspaces, select the x inside each workspace tag that you want to remove the user's access to. Repeat as needed.
- In the popup, select + next to each workspace to which you want to grant the user access.
- Set the workspace role by selecting it from the drop-down at the top of the popup.
Updated about 1 month ago