After you finish Step 1 (Metric Info), Step 2 (Configure Metric) appears in the main form:
- Under Select data asset, use the fields to specify the column for your metric.
- Under Configure metric, the settings by default inherit values from the table.
- To use your own values for these fields, select Override Settings to unlock the fields for editing.
- If the table you chose has partitions, Lightup detects them and displays relevant settings for them just below the inheritable settings.
- If some settings are overridden and you decide that the metric should use the table's current settings, select Inherit Settings.
- For help deciding what values to use, see the list under Manage Table Settings.
- Optionally, select a Seasonality to indicate how to determine valid periods for running the metric's query. If you choose Auto seasonality, Lightup calculates the seasonality for you. Select the gear icon to add custom override periods.
- Optionally, to create a WHERE clause select Add + on the right margin beside Where clause. New fields appear under Where clause that you can use to specify the necessary condition. To delete a WHERE clause, use the waste bin icon beside it to the right.
- Add any tags you want, then in the top right corner select Next to proceed to Step 3 (Preview).
Editing a metric
When you edit an existing metric:
- You'll see an option to view the metric's recent query history as well as a preview.
- The Create command changes to Save when you edit an existing metric
- Select View sample data to see a sample set of rows from the data asset. Lightup returns 100 rows of data from the source table, including metadata. Select Stop Viewing when you're done.
- Optionally, adjust the date range for the preview. If you adjust the range, you must pick a start date and an end date.
- Select Preview to see a chart of the metric for the date range from the preceding step.
Cancel a preview
Some datasources let you cancel a preview, for example because you noticed that date range was wrong. If cancelling is supported, you'll see a Cancel button.
- After you're satisfied with the preview, select Create at the top right corner. The Explorer tab opens and displays your new metric in the Explorer tree.
Updated about 7 hours ago