After you finish Step 1 (Metric Info), Step 2 (Configure Metric) appears in the main form:
- Under Source, select a datasource, a schema, and a table. Do the same under Target. These are the tables the metric will compare.
- Optionally, to create a WHERE clause select Add + below either table. New fields then appear under Where clause that you can use to specify the necessary condition. To delete a WHERE clause, use the waste bin icon beside it to the right.
- On the right margin beside Key columns to compare, select Add, then choose the column to match from each table. You may add more than one pair.
- Optionally, on the right margin beside Attribute columns to compare, select Add, then choose the columns to compare from each table. You may add more than one pair.
- Under Configure metric, select the timestamp column for each data asset, and the aggregation interval and aggregation time zone for the metric's query. Also enter a number and choose a period to specify the Evaluation delay.
- To improve query performance, select slice columns for both tables.
- When you're ready, select Next at the top right corner to proceed to Step 3 (Preview).
Editing a metric
When you edit an existing metric:
- You'll see an option to view the metric's recent query history as well as a preview.
- The Create command changes to Save when you edit an existing metric
About compare metric preview
- Row by row compare metric preview doesn't contain calculated metric values. Instead, it shows which columns are matched and which will be compared.
- In the preview, some table and column names might be truncated. Hover over truncated text to see a popup with the full name.
- Although you can open the sample data interface, only data from one table is loaded— you can choose whether to view data from the source or the target. This can help you choose the right columns to compare, but there's no way to see sample data from both data assets at the same time.
- Optionally, adjust the date range for the preview. If you adjust the range, you must pick a start date and an end date.
- Select Preview to see a partial rendering of the metric over the date range from the preceding step.
Cancel a preview
Some datasources let you cancel a preview, for example because you noticed that date range was wrong. If cancelling is supported, you'll see a Cancel button.
- After you're satisfied with the preview, select Create at the top right corner. The Explorer tab opens and displays your new metric in the Explorer tree.
Updated about 8 hours ago