Row by row metrics let you measure data value differences between a source table and a target table.
After you finish Step 1 (Metric Info), Step 2 (Configure Metric) appears in the main form:
- Under Source, select a datasource, a schema, and a table. Do the same under Target. These are the tables the metric will compare.
- Optionally, add a WHERE clause below one or both tables
- Choose the Key columns to compare.
- Choose one or more pairs of key columns.
- When the metric is computed, the key columns in the source will be compared to the key columns in the target and the Match % will be displayed.
- Single pair example: For example, if you choose Customer Name as the key column in the source and Cust Name as the key column in the target, the percentage or rows where Customer Name equals Cust Name will be displayed.
- Two pair example: For example, if for the first pair you choose Customer Name (source) and Cust Name (target), and the second pair you choose Order ID (source) and Sale Id (target), the percentage of rows where Customer Name and Order ID (source) match Cust Name and Sale Id (target) will be displayed.
- If you select attribute columns, the key columns also identify the rows that will participate in the attribute column compare. For each row where the key columns match, Lightup will compare all attribute columns and display the Match %, which is the percentage of rows where the attribute columns match
- Optionally choose Attribute columns to compare.
- Under Configure metric, make selections for the various inputs. These selections mirror the selections you need to make during Table configuration, where you can find details on how to fill in these fields.
- Optionally Add a slice column for your source and target tables.
- When you're ready, select Next at the top right corner to proceed to Step 3 to preview your metric.
Once you have configured your metric you can preview it to view its behavior over some time period. Review its behavior and modify the configuration as needed. When you're happy with the preview, select Next to continue.
You don't have to preview your metric— just click Next to proceed to Step 4.
Updated 14 days ago