You must have at least the ACCOUNTADMIN role to set up new accounts.
- Open the SnowSQL Classic Console, then paste the following commands at the prompt.
The following SQL only grants access to one database. Consider creating a datawarehouse for the databases you want to monitor, and then creating a Lightup login there with the same role.
-- change role to ACCOUNTADMIN use role ACCOUNTADMIN; -- create role for lightup create role if not exists lightup_role; grant role lightup_role to role SYSADMIN; -- Note that we are not making the lightup_role; a SYSADMIN, -- but rather granting users with the SYSADMIN role -- power to modify the lightup_role. -- create a user for lightup create user if not exists lightup_user password = '<enter password here>'; grant role lightup_role to user lightup_user; alter user lightup_user set default_role = lightup_role; -- change role use role SYSADMIN; -- grant read only database access -- repeat for all database/schemas grant usage on database <database> to role lightup_role; grant usage on schema <database>.<schema> to role lightup_role; -- rerun the following any time a table is added to the schema grant select on all tables in schema <database>.<schema> to role lightup_role; -- or grant select on future tables in schema <database>.<schema> to role lightup_role;
- Select All Queries, and then RUN.
- Host Name - The hostname for the datasource (check the browser address bar; you want the string between // and /. Example:
- Database Name - The name of the database you're connecting to.
- Username - Enter lightup_user.
- Password - The username account's password.\
- Warehouse name - Specify a Snowflake warehouse for the connection. Read about Snowflake USE WAREHOUSE.
- Role - Specify a role to use for connecting. Read about Snowflake USE ROLE.
You can adjust how often scans run for a datasource.
- In section 3 - Advanced, select a value for Schema scan frequency: Hourly, Daily, or Weekly.
Snowflake datasources support the Query history, Scheduling, and Enable data storage settings. For steps, see Set query governance settings for a datasource.
Updated 6 days ago