Compare aggregate metrics
Compare aggregate metrics let you track the degree to which two similar aggregate metrics behave the same. To create one, begin at Create a metric, and choose Compare aggregate at Step 1 (Metric Info).
Step 2 (Configure Metric)
After you finish Step 1 (Metric Info), Step 2 (Configure Metric) appears in the main form:
- Under Datasource and target, select datasources, schemas, and tables for Source and Target. Your choices determine what metrics you can compare.
- To the right of Metrics to compare, select Add.
- In the Add Metrics modal, (1) select the metrics you want to compare, and then (2) select Add Metrics. Make sure that all metrics have the same aggregation interval.
- Adjust the backfill duration.
- Add tags, then select Next to proceed to Step 3, where you can preview and save your metric.
Step 3 (Preview)
Once you have configured your metric you can preview it to view its behavior over some time period. Review its behavior, modify the configuration if necessary, and then save it.
The snapshot below shows an example of a compare aggregate metric. Note that a Compare Aggregate Metrics metric renders as a table rather than a chart. The table shows the difference % between the source and target metric for each metric pair, for a given time period (aggregation interval). Below the table a timeline control lets you choose the time period displayed in the table.
Updated about 1 month ago