Lightup uses roles to control what people can see and do. Every user has an app role, and a workspace role in each workspace they've joined, providing convenient, fine-grained permissions control across your Lightup instance.
Your app role dictates what you can do at the app level. The following App roles are available:
- App Admin grants the ability to invite users to Lightup, set their App roles, create workspaces, invite users to workspaces, and set their initial workspace role.
- App Editor grants the ability to create workspaces but not to invite new app users to Lightup or set their app roles.
- App Viewer grants the ability to be invited to join any workspace, but not to create workspaces.
Every workspace user has one of four workspace roles: Admin, Editor, Viewer, or Observer.
- Admins can do everything associated with creating, editing, and operationalizing metrics and monitors, including manage datasources.
- Editors can do everything associated with creating, editing, and operationalizing metrics and monitors, except manage datasources.
- Viewers can see everything associated with metric and monitors, and can also make some system changes for the purpose of viewing and collaborating on data quality, but cannot create or change metrics or monitors. For example, the viewer can add columns to the Metric List, the Monitor List, and the Incident List.
- Observers can see data quality objects, but can't see anything that would reveal any data values.
Here are the permissions granted for each role (things that users with the role can do inside the relevant workspace):
|Add/remove workspace users||Yes||No||No||No|
|Set users' workspace roles||Yes||No||No||No|
|Manage query governance policies||Yes||No||No||No|
|Manage integrations and schedules||Yes||No||No||No|
|Create/edit/delete/pause metrics and monitors||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|Create/edit/delete dashboard charts||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|View queries executed on behalf of a workspace||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|View failing records query results||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Configure columns in list views||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|View/sort/search metrics, monitors, and incidents list views||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|View/click into dashboards||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|View dashboard charts||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|View objects but not data values||No||No||No||Yes|
|Browse Explorer tree/list views||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|View Data Profile tab||Yes||Yes||Yes||No.|
|Edit Data Profile tab||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|View Auto Metrics tab||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Edit Auto Metrics tab||Yes||Yes||No||No|
|View Table Health tab||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Edit Table Health tab||Yes||Yes||No||No|
Updated about 1 month ago