After you finish Step 1 (Metric Info), Step 2 (Configure Metric) appears in the main form:
- Under Select data asset, choose a datasource, schema, and table.
- Under Configure metric, some fields may be inheriting values from the table you chose. You'll need to enter values for any that are empty.
- To use your own values for these fields, select Override Settings to unlock the fields for editing.
- If the table you chose has partitions, Lightup detects them and displays relevant settings for them just below the inheritable settings.
- If some settings are overridden and you decide that the metric should use the table's current settings, select Inherit Settings.
- For help deciding what values to use, see the list under Manage Table Settings.
- Optionally, to create a WHERE clause select Add + on the right side of the form, beside Where clause. New fields appear under Where clause that you can use to specify the necessary condition. To delete a WHERE clause, use the waste bin icon beside it to the right.
- Optionally, add any tags, then in the top right corner select Next to proceed to Step 3 (Preview).
Editing a metric
When you edit an existing metric:
- You'll see an option to view the metric's recent query history as well as a preview.
- The Create command changes to Save when you edit an existing metric
- Select View sample data to see a sample set of 100 rows from the data asset. When you're done, select Stop Viewing.
- Optionally, adjust the date range for the preview. If you adjust the range, you must pick a start date and an end date.
- Select Preview to generate a chart of the metric over that date range. To adjust the metric configuration after previewing, select the pencil icon next to Data Asset in the left nav pane. Then, preview the metric again after your adjustments.
Cancel a preview
Some datasources let you cancel a preview, for example because you noticed that date range was wrong. If cancelling is supported, you'll see a Cancel button.
- When you are satisfied with the metric preview, select Create in the top right corner. The Explorer tab opens and displays your new metric in the Explorer tree.
Updated about 8 hours ago