Aggregation metrics let you pick an aggregate function to apply to a data asset, giving you flexibility to measure a wide variety of data quality events and trends. To create one, begin at Create a metric, and choose Aggregation at Step 1 (Metric Info).
After you finish Step 1 (Metric Info), Step 2 (Configure Metric) appears in the main form:
- Under Select data asset, make sure the right data asset is selected.
- Under Aggregation function, choose a function to apply to the column's values.
- Perform any optional configuration, as described below, then select Next to proceed to Step 3, where you can preview and save your metric.
- Add a WHERE clause.
- If needed, override the inherited table configuration.
- Add a slice column.
- Add seasonality.
- Adjust the backfill duration.
- Choose a missing value filling.
- Add a failing records query.
- Add tags.
Once you have configured your metric you can preview it to view its behavior over some time period. Review its behavior and modify the configuration as needed. When you're happy with the preview, select Next to continue.
You don't have to preview your metric— just click Next to proceed to Step 4.
Updated 14 days ago