- To begin your trial, log in to the Databricks workspace where you want to try Lightup, and then select Partner Connect.
- At the top of the Partner Connect page, use the search box to find and then select Lightup.
- In the Connect to partner panel, select a SQL warehouse.
- Add any schema to include, then select Next.
- Review the summary, and select Next again. Databricks then creates the resources needed to connect to Lightup.
- Review the disclaimer, and then when you're ready, select Connect to Lightup.
You need the Databricks Can Read and Can Run permissions for any Databricks resources that you want to use with Lightup. If you aren't sure whether you do, ask your Databricks admin for assistance.
When you first open the Lightup app from Databricks Partner Connect, you'll see one workspace that contains one datasource.
- The workspace's name is your account's first name, an underscore, and then your Databricks Workspace ID. This workspace is selected when you first open Lightup, so its contents are displayed on the Explorer tab.
- A datasource named DatabricksPC is connected to the schemas you selected when you set up the trial on Databricks. You can add the schemas to your Explorer tree in order to start working on data quality.
- If other people in your organization are already using the Lightup trial, you may see additional workspaces listed in the left nav pane. Select a listed workspace to display it in the Explorer tree.
As a Databricks trial participant, you have the App Editor role, which grants you the ability to create workspaces, and the Workspace Admin role in the initial workspace, which grants full control inside the workspace. For more information, see Roles, Workspaces and Working in workspaces.
Updated 7 days ago