Add Lightup users
A Lightup user account is required for joining workspaces
Add a Lightup user account
Before people can join a workspace, they must already have a Lightup app account. If you're an App Admin, you can add new app users and assign them app roles. They'll receive an invitation to join your organization on Lightup. When they accept, they will then be able to login and be available to add to workspaces.
- In the left pane, select Admin.
- On the top bar, select the Users tab.
- In the main page, select Add User +.
- In the popup that opens, select the Email field, then enter the new user's email address.
- Pick an app role for the new user, and then select Add.
Delete an app user
- In the table on the Users tab, find the row with the app user you want to delete.
- On the right edge of the row, select the three dots, then select Delete user. Note that when you delete an app user, their name will be deleted from all object metadata (e.g., "CreatedBy") and replaced with a blank. If it is important for you to preserve a user's name in associated metadata, do not delete the user account.
Roles and user access
The work a user can do in each workspace depends on their workspace role. All Lightup data quality management happens inside workspaces.
Everyone who uses Lightup has an app role, and each member of a workspace has a workspace role. Roles confer various abilities to the users who have them. For example, only an App Admin can invite new users to a Lightup instance.
Your app role dictates what you can do at the app level, outside of a workspace. The following App roles are available:
- App Admin - can invite users to Lightup, set their App roles, and create workspaces.
- App Editor - can create workspaces but cannot invite new app users to Lightup.
- App Viewer - can be invited to join any workspace but cannot create workspaces.
Your App Role doesn't affect what you can do in a workspace. However, App Admins can add users to any workspace and set their initial workspace role.
Updated about 1 month ago