- Follow the steps provided by Slack to create an incoming webhook.
- During the process, make note of the webhook's URL and the Slack channel for incoming messages.
You'll need values for URL and Slack Channel to complete this procedure. You can note both strings when you set up your Slack webhook.
- In the left pane, on your workspace menu select Integrations. Your current integrations appear in the main Lightup form.
- In the main Lightup form, select + near the top left corner to create a new channel, and then choose Slack channel.
- In the Add Slack integration dialog, enter a value for Name - this becomes the Title of the integration when it's listed in the main Lightup form.
- URL is for your incoming webhook, and should look something like this:
https://hooks.slack.com/services/T00000000/B00000000/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXEnter the value you noted when you created the Slack webhook.
- Slack channel is where notifications will post. Enter the channel you used when you created the Slack webhook.
- Be sure to set your time zone.
- Under Post Alerts to this channel, select the frequency at which the channel will receive new alerts. All posts happen at the beginning of the period indicated by the frequency and cover alerts in the previous period; for example, an hourly post is a digest of all alerts in the preceding hour.
- Use the toggles to choose whether to post daily digests and send alerts for resolved incidents.
- Optionally, select Send test message to test the new channel.
- Select Add to finish.
Updated 11 months ago