Follow these steps to integrate Lightup with a PagerDuty service. Setting up integrations in PagerDuty requires an Admin or Editor role. If you do not have either role, please reach out to an Admin within your organization to configure the integration.
- Navigate to Services > Service Directory.
- Add an integration to a service through one of the following methods:
- Add your integration to an existing service—In the Configuring Services and Integrations documentation, follow the procedure outlined in the Edit Existing Service Settings section.
- Create a new service for your integration—In the Configuring Services and Integrations documentation, follow the procedure outlined in the Create a New Service section.
- Expand the Lightup integration settings.
- Edit the Integration Name so it uses the format
monitoring-tool-service-name(e.g., Lightup-Incident-Monitoring) and click Save.
- When you expand the Integration settings, you can also view the Integration Key. Save this key in a safe location because you'll need it to configure the integration with Lightup in the next section.
You'll need your PagerDuty integration key to complete this procedure.
Select the workspace where you want to add an integration, and then on the workspace menu select Integrations.
Select Create Integration +.
- Select PagerDuty .
- Name the channel.
- Add your integration key in the Integration Key field.
- Set the Severity field to the PagerDuty severity that should be used for all incidents sent via this PagerDuty integration channel.
- Optionally set Description to a short summary if applicable.
- Set Timezone to the time zone in which PagerDuty should display the incident.
- Click Send Test Message. You will see "Successfully posted test message" appear briefly on the screen, indicating the integration is set up correctly.
- Click Save.
- From the PagerDuty console, confirm that an incident was triggered with the subject "Hello from Lightup Data."
- Log in to the Lightup and navigate to Settings > Integrations. You must have editor or admin privilege.
- Select the PagerDuty integration you want to delete, then click Delete.
Lightup incidents send an event to a service in PagerDuty. Events from Lightup can either trigger a new incident on the corresponding PagerDuty service or be grouped as alerts into an existing incident.
Changes in the status of the Lightup incident are not updated in PagerDuty, and changes in the status of the PagerDuty incident are not updated in Lightup.
- Notify on-call responders of Lightup incidents.
- PagerDuty incidents link back to Lightup to provide detailed incident analysis.
Updated about 2 months ago