To begin, complete the following steps in Incorta.
Cloud Admin role needed
To prepare Incorta for Lightup integration, you must be a cloud admin in your Incorta instance.
On your User Profile menu, select Cloud Admin Portal.
Open the Cluster Management Console.
Select the connected cluster that you want to integrate with Lightup.
In the middle column on the Main tab, under Connect External BI Tools, make sure connections are enabled. If they are disabled, select → Connect external BI tools, and enable them on the page that opens.
When connections are enabled, the connection strings display just below the setting. Copy the SQL Interface Connection String.
- Create a user named lightup. Make note of the password.
- Select the new user account, and then add it to a group that has the Analyze User role.
On your Incorta Home page, select the Schema tab.
For each schema you want Lightup to access, open the vertical dots menu at the end of the schema's row and select Share. Then in the Share modal, select the Lightup user.
- On your User Profile menu, select About.
- Note the tenant name listed in the information modal that opens.
- Host Name - The SQL Interface Connection String that you copied in Step 1, above.
- Database Name - The tenant name you noted in Step 4, above. Each datasource can only connect to one database. If you need to connect to more than one, you'll need to create a datasource for each.
- Username - The name of the Lightup user.
- Password - The Lightup user's password.
You can adjust how often scans run for a datasource.
- In section 3 - Advanced, select a value for Schema scan frequency: Hourly, Daily, or Weekly.
Incorta datasources support the Query History, Scheduling, Enable data storage, and Maximum backfill duration, and Maximum distinct values settings. For steps, see Set query governance settings for a datasource.
These Incorta date/time data types are supported:
These Incorta object types are supported:
Updated about 1 month ago