When a monitor detects a variation that's out-of-bounds, it logs an incident. Each incident is specific to one monitor, and has a start time, a severity, a direction, a duration, and a status.
You have several options for reviewing incidents:
On the Dashboard's Data Quality tab, incidents are implied by a summary score below 100%: each monitor that logs at least one incident is excluded from the score (e.g., if the score is 10/11 (91%), one monitor logged one or more incidents.
- For more detail, select the summary score and then look at the heatmap: it shows two weeks' history of each monitor included in the summary score. Each day when an incident occurred appears as a red box on the heatmap.
You can review any incident by opening the related metric's chart: in the Explorer tree, when you select a data asset that has recent incidents, an Incidents menu appears on every metric chart where a monitor logged an incident.
- In the left pane, select a workspace. Then on the top bar, select Incidents.
- The main page lists all the incidents logged in the selected workspace.
- Select the Incident ID to review its details and compare it to other incidents.
- After you finish reviewing the incident, if applicable, change the value of STATUS to reflect your actions.
Updated 23 days ago